The Pine Mountain Lake Administration Office Closed. For More Information Call (209)962-8600 or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are sad to report that an individual who was hospitalized for COVID-19 has passed away from the disease. This is the 3rd reported COVID-19 death of a Tuolumne County resident. The individual was a male in his 70s and there were no apparent contributing underlying health conditions. Our deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.
- 9 new cases have been identified since our Friday report (3 Saturday, 4 Monday, and 2 today). 3 individuals are isolating, 1 individual is hospitalized, and 5 individuals are recovered. 5 individuals previously in isolation are now recovered.
- Due to the power outage and ongoing updates, our data dashboard is currently offline. We hope to have everything up and running again by the end of the week.
- Sierra Conservation Center inmates are not included in our blueprint case rate. However, Tuolumne County resident staff cases are reported in our regular case count. Staff and inmate case data can be viewed on the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s (CDCR) data dashboard here: https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/population-status-tracking/ and https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/cdcr-cchcs-covid-19-status/
- The State’s COVID-19 website provides information about the new Blueprint for a Safer Economy tier system for opening up counties. This week’s tier placement is based on the weeks beginning 8/22 and 8/29. Tuolumne County remains in Tier 3-Orange this week. For more information, visit https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/
The following site provides more detailed information on the criteria used to determine the tier into which a county is placed and how counties can move from one tier to another: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID19CountyMonitoringOverview.aspx
This site describes the businesses and activities allowable in the different tiers. Blueprint Activity and Business Tiers: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-August_2020.pdf
- Due to the Public Safety Power Shutoff, PG&E has established community resource centers at the Mother Lode Fairgrounds in Sonora, Eproson Park in Twain Harte, Mary Laveroni Park in Groveland, and Columbia Elementary School in Columbia. A cooling center has also been moved from the Senior Center to the Jamestown Resource Center at 18250 Main St. in Jamestown and will be open from 11 am to 7 pm today and tomorrow (Tuesday-Wednesday).
- If you are having COVID-like symptoms, self-isolate and contact your healthcare provider or the Adventist Health Triage Line at 209-536-5166 Mon-Fri, or 209-536-5000 after hours. If you need immediate medical attention, please call ahead and go to Rapid Care or the Emergency Department. You can also visit valleycovidhelp.com for more information.
- The no-cost state testing site is open at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds Tuesday – Saturday 7am to 7pm. Appointments can be scheduled ahead of time at lhicare.com/covidtesting Appointments are strongly recommended as walk-ins are limited. The site now offers testing for children ages 3 and older (accompanied by a parent or guardian).
- It is important that people continue to follow prevention guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Practice physical distancing at all times. Keep 6 feet space between yourself and others who are not part of your household. Stay in your household bubble!
- Wear a face covering in public.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Avoid gatherings of any size with people who are not part of your household.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid unnecessary travel, and limit your outings to essential tasks.
LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION & RESOURCES
Tuolumne County Data Dashboard: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/15f0a6498b6d4b23b67bb08f7e8c3466/
Community Resources Portal: https://bit.ly/TCcovidPortal
Tuolumne County Public Health Website: www.tuolumnecounty.ca.gov/publichealth
Public Health COVID-19 Call Center: (209) 533-7440
California COVID-19 website: www.covid19.ca.gov
State Testing Site info and Appointments: https://lhi.care/covidtesting
Tuolumne County Business: www.tcdisasterassistance.com
CDC COVID-19 website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Letter from Joe Powell to Members
Link to California Statistics
wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
always wash your hands when you get home or into work
use hand sanitizer gel if soap and water are not available
cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
only travel on public transport if you need to
work from home, if you can
avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
avoid events with large groups of people
do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family
a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
CDC Information Page Click Here
Covid-19 California updates Click Here